2012 is right around the corner so it’s time to start thinking about the New Year trends! Here’s what you can expect for next year:
– Lots of fun colors! Pantone has released its spring 2012 color report and the focus is going to be on brighter colors, but with a focus on teals and grays as accents. Our favorite 2012 color is Margarita 🙂
– The events industry is going to carry over the projected wedding colors of teal and gray, but also add in some yellows and greens – perhaps the Solar Power traditional yellow??
– Vintage is on its way out – sad, but it did have a great run! – and transitioning toward rustic-chic with nature-inspired themes. Think natural accents, like birch added to a traditional rose floral arrangement, or a theme that ties in local elements, like native flora and colors.
– Thanks to Will and Kate, weddings will be “old world glamour meets new world sophistication,” using regal linens, rich textures, lots of whites and metallics and will likely be more formal than they have been in recent years. We’re personally very excited to work with these themes and styles! 🙂
Image courtesy of Zephyr Tents
– And our number one favorite 2012 trend is going to be the “custom” wedding and event! Couples and hosts alike are looking for those personal, customized details and design to set their event apart, whether that be unconventional color palettes, family heirlooms and traditions, or a full sensory experience that brings the guest into their world and local space. For a coordinator and designer, that’s the best news and something we’re very much looking forward to! Inspire away!
Image Courtesy of Done Brilliantly
Want more 2012 ideas? We’ve got em! Contact us and we’ll be happy to sit down and talk about some ideas with you! Have some ideas of your own? We’d LOVE to hear them! Share some of your inspiration with us in a comment below!